[R-SIG-Mac] Installing Bioconductor 1.5 on R 2.0 for OS X

Michael Redmond redmond at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 2 23:11:04 CET 2004

I have a working version of R 2.0 with option packages installed on an
OS X 10.3.5 system. Option packages were installed with install.binaries
option and that seemed to work. Install using sources failed.

I tried installing bioconductor from sources and got mixed results (at
best). Some packages failed to install (annotate, graph, Rgraphviz and
maybe XML and possibly others). I also need to install arrayCGH to get
DNAcopy. That uses the g77 compiler and failes with a mismatch of gcc
library versions. I have g77 from fink.

Is there a install.binary option for bioconductor and some of the
bioconductor contributed packages (specifically  arrayCGH)? If not now,
when (if ever). If never, I may need some help to fix compile errors
trying from source.

I am working on this for an Apple 4 node XServe to see if it can be used
  under the iNquiry portal for R/Bioconductor applications.

Thanks
Mike Redmond
UW-Madison Statistics