[R-SIG-Mac] Question about applescript commands

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Mon May 17 01:05:31 CEST 2004

Romuald,

Attached 2 examples of how I've used AppleScript to source
a file into R or to send a selection (selected text) to R using
the 'cmd' feature.

The editor I'm using is SubEthaEdit, which also support
AppleScript - not needed in these examples, but as an
example, I use it to position the Edit window next to the
R Console. I also updated the syntax binding for R in
SubEthaEdit.

I use iKey to bind selection2R to say F12
and source2R to shift F12. I just like the simplicity of
SubEthaEdit. BBEdit has a script menu to achieve this.

Hope this helps,
Rob