[R-SIG-Mac] installing Lindsey's package on a mac

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Wed Jul 28 21:49:45 CEST 2004

On Jul 28, 2004, at 9:13 PM, Anne G wrote:

> This is the console.log
> Mac OS X Version 10.3.4 (Build 7H63)
> 2004-07-28 09:03:51 -0400
> Authentication Service: Started
>
> * Installing *source* package 'rmutil' ...
> tar: R-ex: Cannot stat: (null)
> tar: help: Cannot stat: (null)
> tar: html: Cannot stat: (null)
> tar: latex: Cannot stat: (null)
> ** libs
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/SHLIB: line 1:
> make: command not found

^^^ did you install Apple Devel tools, g77 and other things necessary
for source installation? It doesn't seem so (see Stefano's FAQ). The
above stat errors are suspicious, too, but devel-tools are the
necessary anyway.

Other than that, it works for me. As always there's a pitfall on some
systems (depends on your setup) - if you get undefined restFP and
saveFP the edit the Makefile and add -L/usr/lib -lgcc before $(FLIBS)