[R-SIG-Mac] library(tcltk) failure (looking in /usr/local)

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Tue Jul 6 13:56:48 CEST 2004

Hi Stefano,

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, stefano iacus wrote:
<snip>
> the R for Mac OS X FAQ, covers these issues.
<snip>

Thanks.  I'll advise my adminstrator to install Tcl/Tk from
source in /usr/local/ as described in the R for Mac OS X FAQ.

I had previously noticed the instructions for installing Tcl/Tk
from source in the MacOS X FAQ, but because they were in the
section "Building R from sources", I thought I could ignore them
because we were downloading R.dmg (1.9.1) (which I assumed was
binary), rather than R-1.9.1.tgz (source), and on Windows, you
get binary Tcl/Tk bundled with R.

Regards,
James