[R-SIG-Mac] Re: R Aqua 2.0.1 interface: what happened?!

RenE J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 23:02:20 CET 2004

Hi Rob,

Thanks :) I'll be downloading a new build tomorrow, then.

In the meantime: the issue with Helvetica Narrow also exists with R under
X11, which should I think use little Mac specific graphics code. If I copy a
graph using dev.copy2eps( family="HelveticaNarrow", ...), I still get an eps
file calling for Helvetica-Narrow. I'm not sure what to think of this, but
it seems clear that at least some of the font handling issues go deeper than
just being Mac specific.

The Save/Save As command, what does it actually do? Redraw the graph using
R's own pdf() device, or use OS/X's pdf 'metafile' format? That latter
option used generate pdf files that I had trouble importing into Illustrator
CS (with R 1.9.1) whereas that seems to go smoothly now.

Best,
René