[R-SIG-Mac] editor

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Mon Dec 27 22:23:13 CET 2004

Hi Tiago,

Trying to work through the issues you've raised one by one.

1) Can you please try to click on a doc while you're sure there is no
     .RData file in the working directory. I think what might be
happening
    is that .RData expects X.11 to be running (if not, R will crash). Or
    you could start X.11 before clicking on the .R file.

2) What are you exactly cut & pasting? From 1 edit window to another?
     From another app or editor to the R editor? Would it be possible
for you
     to try c&P from a 'good' .R  file in an edit window to another edit
window?
     Are the c&p blocks very large?

3) This item sounds very similar to an issue I think you raised a
number of
      weeks ago. Is that right?

4) This one I can reproduce. It happens when no edit window is open. It
      works fine if an edit window is open. I'll look into why.

5) I'll try to reproduce this one. Seems like the text attributes are
messed up
     and set to the background color.

6) Noted!

7) This one is very weird. Just executing the 1st statement leaves R in
     unstable state if you try to print the variable it is assigned to.
Not sure
     what sample(100) means. sample(1:100, 100). I wonder if this is an
     example of the case mentioned in the help page for sample(x) and
     x is variable.

8) Didn't Xemacs come with your original X.11 (the non-Apple one)? I
tried
      Emacs (from Jan de Leeuw's web page) and this works fine.

After this reply I'll take Tiago's issues off-line unless folks let me
know they
want to be in the loop.

Rob