[R-SIG-Mac] Patch: Growl Notifications for R

Byron Ellis ellis at stat.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 3 03:15:33 CET 2004

Haven't had much time for messing about with R (or StatPaper or
anything else) recently, but I added this one a while back and its
proven useful. Basically, it adds Growl Notifications
(http://www.growl.info) to R such that you receive a notification via
Growl when 1) R is in the background and 2) the computation has run
longer than 'x' seconds (where 'x' is in the defaults dictionary).
There's no hook to the preferences (since I use it personally and just
set the defaults from Terminal) for anything, but I suppose I could be
goaded into such a thing if people are interested. It seems like it
should go in the 'Misc' Pane to me.

To build it once you've done the patch you need to weak link the
GrowlAppBridge framework (-weak_framework GrowlAppBridge), so it will
still work for people who haven't installed Growl. Diffing the project
files doesn't work well so I didn't include that part.