[R-SIG-Mac] lme4 crashes R

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 6 14:17:52 CEST 2004

For what its worth, I'll just mention the small point that this is
place where the registration mechanism for routines
access via the .Call/.C/.Fortran/.External would help.

The change is
-          sc = .Call("ssclme_sigma", object, PACKAGE = "Matrix")
+          sc = .Call("ssclme_sigma", object, REML, PACKAGE = "Matrix")
and if ssclme_sigma  were registered with the entry

  {"ssclme_sigma", (DL_FUNC) &ssclme_sigma, 2}

the .Call() mechanism would throw an error in the case that the routine was called
with only one argument.  Type information is also specifiable.

As I say, just a small point.

 D.