[R-SIG-Mac] .Rprofile and quartz

Andrew Beckerman a.beckerman at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Apr 19 13:20:47 CEST 2004

A not of thanks to all involved with getting 1.9.0 out to OS X with
console.... Very flash and fast!

My question may not be a mac thing: I had a very simple .Rprofile in my
home directory:

cat("Welcome to R...." \n)
quartz("",8,8)
lset(col.whitebg())
cat(\n "Profile Loaded...." \n)

However, with 1.9, it no longer works, saying that quartz cannot be
found.  I have tried embedding these into a .First() function, as shown
is ?Startup, with no luck.  Any ideas?

Cheers
andrew

---------
Dr. Andrew Beckerman
Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield,
Alfred Denny Building, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
ph +44 (0)114 222 0026; fx +44 (0)114 222 0002
http://www.shef.ac.uk/beckslab