[R-SIG-Mac] Help.start() issues

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Mon Nov 17 19:03:58 MET 2003

George,
I don't think you'll be successfull to doing search from the browser
(any apart old versions of Netscape apparently).

If you cannot even start safari from RAqua that hte problem comes from
the libiconv library which is in your /usr/local/lib.
You should have a llok at the Console application when trying to do
this, it should report an error on that.
Pnather has a new version of libiconv library which is backward
compatible. Have a look at the RAqua faq
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RAqua-FAQ.html

You can try to use the help.search from inside R which has a menu item
in the Hepl menu.
If you don't like the internal viwer but you prefer a browser, just set
the option

options("htmlhelp"=TRUE)

and it will open html help files

stefano