[R-SIG-Mac]Problems building the current R-devel on 10.2.4

Tom Kennedy tom.kennedy at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 10 12:11:05 MET 2003

Over the last few weeks changes to the R-devel have lead to failed
compiles
for me of the R-devel (rsync) tree. My last successful build was early
Feb 2003.

I am using 10.2.4 and the latest apple development tools and the latest
fink cvs libraries but not ATLAS as I'm trying to use vecLib. I'm on an
700MHz ibook.

I get warnings about the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET which seems
to indicate a change in the default behavior b/n 10.1 and 10.2.

I also get an error during the compile about MH_DYLIB and multi module
and the libg2c.a library from the fink g77. The error is the same as in
the post
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2003-February/
000776.html . I did rebuild the fink g77 from cvs as advised without
any change in the error message.

Module methods also warns of prior library references b/n bundle loader
R.bin and the libR.

What is the recommended configure options for building on macos 10.2.4.

I'm currently using :

./configure
--with-tcl-config=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/tclConfig.sh \
--with-tk-config=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/tkConfig.sh \
--enable-R-shlib  --with-aqua --with-x\
--with-blas="-framework vecLib" --with-lapack \
TCLTK_LIBS="-framework Tcl -framework Tk" \
TCLTK_CPPFLAGS="-framework Tcl -framework Tk"  \
CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/include" LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib"

Any thoughts to
1. Is this the right config?
2. What should I define the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET as?
3. I note that the linker now defaults to twolevel_namespace by
default, does
	this require any adjustments?

Regards Tom