[R-SIG-Mac] R in terminal

Matthew James Krachey aerotuck at mac.com
Fri Jun 27 20:44:18 MEST 2003

Hi everybody. I am trying to use R in order to run an ordinal regression. I
purchased Harrell's Regression Modeling Strategies text and am trying to get
the Design library to work.

After multiple issues with the earlier versions (1.5.1, 1.6.2) being able to
run the Design library, I've decided to try the Darwin versions (1.7.0,
1.7.1). I downloaded the installer packages from Jan de Leeuw's page and
installed. Now when I'm in the terminal window, when I enter "R" to invoke
the program, or "R CMD" as it says in the man page, I get a R doesn't exist
error, but the man page for R exists.

Any advice for a Unix neophyte? This experience has been quite
underwhelming. Any help is much appreciated

Matthew Krachey
M.S. Candidate
Department of Fisheries Biology
Humboldt State University