[R-SIG-Mac] tab key in R

Paul Rathouz prathouz at health.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sun Jul 20 11:57:59 MEST 2003

I am a new mac user and a new R user (but I have used S and Splus in unix
environments for a long time).  I have installed R and in general it seems
to be working fine.  Here is a problem that I am hoping someone can help
me with:

In an R session, hitting the TAB key twice produces a list of files in
the current directory. This is apparently some type of tab completion
behavior from my shell (but the behavior does not happen in the parent
shell).  Any idea on how to stop this?  It causes problems when reading in
code from others who use TABs to format.

-- pr

Paul Rathouz, Asst. Professor        ph   773-834-1970
Dept. of Health Studies, Rm. W-264   fax  773-702-1979
University of Chicago                prathouz at health.bsd.uchicago.edu
5841 S. Maryland Ave. MC 2007
Chicago, IL  60637