[R-SIG-Mac]yags package installation?

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:56:28 -0800

The problem is that both libu.so and yags.so are build as bundles
using R SHLIB. But libu should be a dylib, loaded dynamically by
yags.so, as
far as I can see. Same problem happens with other packages such as
tkrplot. Means you have to build manually and tweak on the way.

On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 11:08 AM, Steve Buyske wrote:

> Has anyone successfully installed the yags package under Darwin? When
> I install it I get
> .
> .
> .
> you will need to have
> /sw/lib/R/library/yags/libs
> [or the current --library or -l destination]
> as an element of LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> or create a version of libu.so (e.g., using yags.make.libu)
> and have an LD_LIBRARY_PATH entry superior to that version
> ====================================
>
> yags.cc: In function `matrix unstrinv(matrix, int, matrix)':
> yags.cc:1798: warning: passing `double' for argument 1 of `double
>    matrix::el(int, int)'
> yags.cc:1798: warning: passing `double' for argument 2 of `double
>    matrix::el(int, int)'
> .
> .
> .
> I'm not sure whether those warnings are lethal or not. As recommended
> in the note, I type
> 	setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /sw/lib/R/library/yags/libs
> but then in R I get
>
>>  library(yags)
> Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
>         unable to load shared library
> "/sw/lib/R/library/yags/libs/yags.so":
>   dlcompat: dyld: /sw/lib/R/bin/R.bin Undefined symbols:
> __Z11alpfun_user6matrixS_S_diS_di
> __Z12wcorinv_user6matrixiS_
> In addition: Warning message:
> The use of _ is deprecated: you will be warned only once per session
> Warning messages:
> 1: ============== in: firstlib(which.lib.loc, package)
> 2: library.dynam failed, you probably need dir
> holding libu.so in LD_LIBRARY_PATH; see the help page
> (package load continues to give access to man page, add
> $R_LIBS/yags/libs to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> or consider yags.make.libu([yagsInstallRoot]) followed by resetting
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH) in: firstlib(which.lib.loc, package)
>>  version
>          _
> platform powerpc-apple-darwin6.2
> arch     powerpc
> os       darwin6.2
> system   powerpc, darwin6.2
> status
> major    1
> minor    6.1
> year     2002
> month    11
> day      01
> language R
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Steve Buyske
>

> PS I got the library from
> http://www.biostat.harvard.edu/~carey/old_public_html/yags_3.21-
> 3.tar.gz
> --
> Steve Buyske (rhymes with "nice key")       Statistics Dept
> phone: 732.445.2690 fax: 732.445.3428       Rutgers University
> buyske@stat.rutgers.edu                     110 Frelinghuysen Rd.
> http://stat.rutgers.edu                     Piscataway, NJ 08854-8019

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au