[R-SIG-Mac]Problem of installing RXLisp

Jun Tan jtan@student.stat.wvu.edu
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:31:04 -0400

Hello, Dr. Jan de Leeuw:
I met a problem when I was installing RXLisp. I downloaded
RXLisp.tar.gz from ftp://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub and I unpacked it. Then
I ran the command: R INSTALL RXLisp to install the package. Everything
looks good. However, when I was trying to load the library, error
occurred. Here is the error message:
 > library(RXLisp)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library
"/usr/local/lib/R/library/RXLisp/libs/RXLisp.so":
   dlcompat: dyld: /usr/local/lib/R/bin/R.bin Undefined symbols:
/usr/local/lib/R/library/RXLisp/libs/RXLisp.so undefined reference to
_d_sign expected to be defined in the executable
Error in library(RXLisp) : .First.lib failed

Could you please give any advise on how to solve this problem? Thanks.

JunTan