[R-SIG-Mac]still struggling

Jean-Pierre Gattuso gattuso2@obs-vlfr.fr
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:11:44 +0200

Hi:

I still have problems to install R 1.6. I have tried both ways.

1- With Fink:

I deleted the whole /sw directory, installed fink again and installed
r-base. The following error prevents installation:

	checking for /sw/lib/tkConfig.sh... /sw/lib/tkConfig.sh
	./configure: /sw/lib/tclConfig.sh: No such file or directory
	make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
	### execution of (export failed, exit code 2
	Failed: compiling r-base-1.6.0-1 failed

2- Using Jan's instructions:

	http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub/R-1.6.0.tar.gz
	unpack the R distribution in /usr/local/lib
	sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/R/bin/R /usr/local/bin/R

Here I had the following error: ln: /usr/local/bin/R: No such file or directory

I then creatde the missing directories and the ln command went
apparently fine. However I cannot launch R and get a "command not
found error".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel really stupid and find
the learning curve of unix pretty steep!

jp

--
Jean-Pierre Gattuso | mailto:gattuso@obs-vlfr.fr |
http://www.obs-vlfr.fr/~gattuso