[R-SIG-Mac]no mouse control of aqua window

Stefano Iacus jago@mclink.it
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 19:17:41 +0200

Umh, but Phython and Emacs both open their own windows and then use
pipes eventually. I'm not sure about Aqua Tcl/tk, I'll have a look, but
you say that it builds a shell app itself.

I'm not aware of any application that uses the standard I/O from the
shell and opens its own windows, menus etc. I mean an application that
after the parsing of argv[] uses printf/scanf.

The AquaInstall I provided is  intended to create a bundle (even if not
apparently working).

PB can be used via shell but just to (i don't know how to say) "run" pb
project files.

BTW, as far as I have understood, the term.app take control over any
event, this means that if I install an event handler it simply does not
receive any event but apple events, i.e. only iter process
communications is available. The filtering of events is done by the
term.app event handler.

I'll be happy if any of you around can figure out how solve the problem
and I hope to have better explained where I'm actullay blocked.

Stefano