[R-SIG-Mac]Re: Slight problem with R-quartz

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Thu, 16 May 2002 08:21:11 -0700

Yes, stupid of me. You need to edit bin/R and replace R_HOME  by
whatever works for you.

On Thursday, May 16, 2002, at 07:33 AM, Don MacQueen wrote:

> Jan, I think something's not quite right!
>
> R-quartz[128]% ./bin/R
> R_HOME (`/Users/deleeuw/MyStuff/Develop/R/R-devel') not found
>
> I think I can fix this by editing the R shell script. Will let you know.
>
> -Don
>
>> I added compressed binaries for some more of the BioConductor
>> packages. That's in
>>
>> ftp://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub/R-1.5.0/miscellaneous/Bioconductor
>>
>> Also, my message yesterday about
>>
>> ftp://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub/R-devel.tar.gz
>>
>> might have suggested to some that one needs X11 (or even gnome)
>> to run this. In fact, you don't. Just mkdir ~/R-quartz, move yourself
>> and the file
>> there in a terminal window, tar zxf R-devel.tar.gz, and start with
>> bin/R,
>> and then quartz(). I merely suggested that the quartz device can be
>> used together with the X11 device and with the gnome GUI.
===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~deleeuw