[R-SIG-Mac]Help.start oddities

George W. Gilchrist gwgilc@wm.edu
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:15:17 -0500

On 26 Nov Jan pointed out that the R help.start search engine would work
under Mozilla, but not netscape or MSIE. I've got Mozilla up and running and
have the script Jan suggested in /usr/local/bin/netscape. All works fine if
I do "sh netscape" from a terminal window, however from within R I get the
first page of the help file, but when I try to go the the search engine,
Mozilla crashes. Any ideas? Note that I also had to set
options(browser="/usr/local/bin/netscape") within R, perhaps because MSIE is
my default browser.

Thanks, George

George W. Gilchrist                        Email #1: gwgilc@wm.edu
Department of Biology, Box 8795          Email #2: kitesci@cox.net
College of William & Mary                    Phone: (757) 221-7751
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795                    Fax: (757) 221-6483
http://gwgilc.people.wm.edu/