[R-SIG-Mac]compiling & using ATLAS with Darwin R

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:25:47 -0700

--Apple-Mail-4--1012772744

If you get f2c and g77 and ATLAS from fink.sourceforge.net you will
have no problems building this.

You may still have problems loading, for example, the matrix
package, because this seems to be not quite compatible with the
more recent versions of ATLAS.

On Tuesday, September 18, 2001, at 01:31 PM, Steve Shiboski wrote:

> I sucessfully compiled ATLAS using the default gcc
> under OS X, but the FORTRAN part of the library wouldn't
> build using f2c, and the R build chokes because it needs FORTRAN
> stuff from ATLAS. I noticed that Jan mentions that the ATLAS
> libraries have been compiled for OS X but failed to find them
> on his site. Are these available somewhere?
>
> I assume this would be easier if the OS X gcc implementation
> included g77...
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Steve
> --
> Stephen Shiboski  -------------------  steve@biostat.ucsf.edu
> Division of Biostatistics                 voice: 415-476-0533
> University of California, San Francisco     fax: 415-476-6014
> 500 Parnassus Avenue, MU 420-W;  San Francisco, CA 94143-0560

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~deleeuw
           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~deleeuw/sounds/nomatter.au

--Apple-Mail-4--1012772744

If you get f2c and g77 and ATLAS from fink.sourceforge.net you will

have no problems building this.

You may still have problems loading, for example, the matrix

package, because this seems to be not quite compatible with the

more recent versions of ATLAS.

<excerpt>I sucessfully compiled ATLAS using the default gcc