[R-SIG-Mac]R-1.3.1-Gnome and tcl/tk support?

Fisher IV, Robert W Dr NCR Robert.FisherIV@DET.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:02:11 -0400

I installed the precompiled 1.3.1 binaries (the full Mac OS X package with tcl/tk and gnome support) after obtaining tcltk8.x and the gnome packages via fink.  However, trying to run R with the command R --gui=gnome results in an error stating that this version doesn't support Gnome.

I'm also having problems getting tcl/tk to work.  When I give the command library(tcltk) from the R command line, I get an error stating that tcltk can't be found (and a number of standard directories are listed).  I did declare TCL_LIBRARY in my .tcshrc and pointed it to the /sw/fink/src/tk directory...

Can anyone give me some pointers on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Robert F.

Dr. Robert W. St. G. Fisher, IV
NRC Research Associate