[R-SIG-Mac]Launching R 1.2.3

jago@mclink.it jago@mclink.it
Sat, 5 May 2001 12:24:10 +0200

Dear Peter,

I'm investigating on that. My actual suspect is that CarbonLib 1.2.5 has
some incompatibility with system 8.6 even if it should not as the Apple
doc says.

I'm trying to install an 8.6 machine to try to debug this problem. Have
you the possibility to check how much stack R allocates. There is a
general phrase in the CarbonLib docs that says: "on older systems your
application  may require more stack". If you agree I can recompile R
adding more stack to see if the problem is really the stack or something
else. Let me know.

(Of course, in any sense, the best strategy is to update the System to
9.1 even if it is quite "heavy" on old machines)

Stefano