[R-SIG-Mac]Which version should I use?

jago@mclink.it jago@mclink.it
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:30:50 +0200

Jan version is a unix build for Darwin/X11.
For a unix user it is probably the "first best". "My" version is
intedend to work on earlier versions of MacOS up to OSX.

I'm confident that Jan build is more stable then the carbon version.
Major problems in my version is that I have to implement several stuff
that are given for free under unix but not under MacOS and its
compilers (!).

Both version accept dynamic linking well. Packages are examples of that.

As I am the only (actually) developer of R for MacOS and there are many
things to implement it is not always esay for me that fix/implement all
and R/Mac users are really precious for their feedback to me.

Stefano
p.s. thanks to Don for its opinion