[R-SIG-Mac]Which version should I use?

Phillip N Price pnprice@lbl.gov
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:03:39 -0700

Apologies for the 0th-order question.

I'm a longtime user of Splus, but I am switching (or trying, anyway) to
the Mac, and would like to take this opportunity to try R.  I'm mostly
hoping to _use_ R, not work on it, though I am of course happy to submit
bug reports and that sort of thing.

My immediate question is: should I use the Carbon/Iacus or the
Cocoa(?)/deLeeuw version?  Are there major functional differences?  Are
they similar in terms of stability?  Are there likely to be any
difficulties in set-up, or do they both "just work"; for the latter
question, does the specific species of X-windows matter?

Thanks in advance for answers, and thank you all for working on this
software.

--Phil Price
  Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory