[R-jobs] EpiX Analytics-QRA Consultant Position
bone||| @end|ng |rom ep|x@n@|yt|c@@com
Tue Dec 20 22:39:12 CET 2016
Position: Quantitative Risk Analysis Consultant
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED UNTIL JANUARY 9TH, 2017
Location: Fort Collins, CO (physical presence required)
Position type: Full time
We are a Colorado-based specialist risk and decision modeling consulting and research firm, with diverse experience and skills. We are seeking to fill a full-time position as a Quantitative Risk Analysis Consultant, to participate in a variety of statistical and quantitative risk analysis projects. The candidate will initially focus on projects related to disease introduction, spread & prevention, antimicrobial resistance, and food safety, with potential to later expand to a more diversified portfolio based on our clientele<http://www.epixanalytics.com/clients-of-epix-analytics.html>.
- Quantitative model framing, development, review and interpretation. Models will include probabilistic models and statistical models, as well as mechanistic simulation models.
- Preparation of reports and peer-reviewed scientific articles
- Facilitation of meetings and presentations to clients, both in oral and written form
- Regular interactions with EpiX consultants and with clients
- PhD in a quantitative field. This might include degrees in applied statistics, biostatistics, physics, epidemiology, ecology, or related quantitative field. Applicants with an MSc degree but with exceptional proven equivalent expertise might be considered
- At least 2 years of working experience in statistics and/or probabilistic modeling
- Working experience with simulation modeling
- Knowledge of biology, agriculture, and/or food production
- Ability to work independently, with little direct supervision, as well as to collaborate in teams of consultants within EpiX and with clients
- Ability to deliver on time
- Proof of work eligibility in the United States
- Working knowledge of the R statistical language and/or other statistical programming environments
- Experience with Excel Monte Carlo simulation Add-ins (e.g. @RISK, Crystal Ball, RiskSolver)
- Experience working in a private/consulting environment
- Working knowledge of whole genome sequencing and its analysis
What we offer?
- Exciting consulting and research engagements
- Work in a diverse, informal and collaborative team
- Frequent direct contact with clients, and opportunities to lead client engagements
- Opportunities to present research work, publish white papers and/or scientific articles in relation to work engagements
- Good work-life balance in beautiful Colorado
- Paid vacation, 401(k), paid sick-time and paid professional development
Founded in 2003, EpiX Analytics provides pragmatic answers to decision makers using sound quantitative methods. We are looking for highly quantitative professionals who would enjoy working with a diverse portfolio of clients in the private and public sector.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a resume and cover letter to careers using epixanalytics.com<mailto:careers using epixanalytics.com>.
Successful applicant(s) will be required to pass a background check.
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the R-sig-jobs