[R-jobs] job offer of Quantitative Developper
S@mue|@Le @end|ng |rom @r|g|ob@|@com
Mon Nov 29 20:27:39 CET 2010
Statistical Research Laboratory (SRL) is an established hedge fund and asset management technology company based in London and New York, with significant mandates to provide cutting edge technology solutions to leading investment companies.
A highly experienced Quantitative Developer is required to support a rapidly evolving Statitisical Research project based on R. The Quantitative Developer will report to the Head of the Statistical Research Team.
You will be the dedicated resource for the development environment team of 10 developers. User requirements change frequently, and as such you will have to be able to adapt and absorb a new environment or technology rapidly. Also, since the components are clearly separated, the ability to work independently is very important, as is the ability to manage a high work load during several key moments of the product life cycle.
You will be responsible for designing/developing modularised statistical libraries based on a user function specification. You will communicate with the java front-end and server developers to clearly specify the statistical functions required by the Nexus software development.
* Staistical Lanaguage : R, Splus or Matlab
* Master degress or PHD in Statistics or Mathematics
* knowledge of financial modeling
* Working with versioned file system (subversion or CVS)
* Experience of working in Linux environment
General skills / attributes
* Effective communication : have the ability to express your ideas clearly to the team members
* Writing skills : a basic level is required to document the technical aspects of the components
* Motivation: highly motivated and comfortable in handling pressure
* Familiar with developing production quality software
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK
Please contact samuel.le using srlglobal.com
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the R-sig-jobs