[R-jobs] Bioinformatician, Austria
d@v|d@enot @end|ng |rom b|ocr@te@@com
Sun Jan 31 17:07:00 CET 2010
We are looking for a MSc or PhD holder in
Bioinformatics,Molecular/Computational Biology or Computer Science to
support ourbiomarker team in the identification, validation and
furtherdevelopment of biomarkers. The chosen candidate will be part of
ourmultidisciplinary team conducting studies to discover and
developdiagnostic biomarkers as well as biomarkers for the
characterization ofdisease models and drug effects – including side
* Analyzing omics data and integration of Metabolomics with other omics
data-selection of likely metabolite, protein and RNA targets for
* Providing software support for team members.
* Contributing to presentations, patent applications, scientific
publications and reporting on project funding.
* Candidate can work independently and is highly motivated, creative and
* Problem solving skills and strong team orientation are fundamental.
* Good command of the English language (both oral and written).
* Experience in software development and project management are
* Knowledge of existing bioinformatics software tools for gene, protein
and metabolite identification and expression analysis desirable;
practical experience with omics data analysis software (e.g R package),
datamining, scientific visualization and experimental design a plus.
* Knowledge of Perl/Java programming, MySQL or other relational
databases a plus.
Dr. Hans-Peter Deigner
More information about the R-sig-jobs