[R-jobs] Splus/R Programmer- Edwards Lifesciences in Irvine, CA
J@n|ne_Long @end|ng |rom Edw@rd@@com
Fri Nov 2 15:13:51 CET 2007
Statistical Programmer (SAS or Splus/R)
About the Company:
Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE: EW) is a global leader in products and technologies to treat advanced cardiovascular disease, the global leader in acute hemodynamic monitoring and the number-one heart valve company in the world. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards has more than 5,000 employees' worldwide, selling medical technologies in more than 100 countries. Edwards Lifesciences leverages its research, design, development and marketing expertise through five main product categories: Heart Valve Therapy, Critical Care, Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Therapy, and Percutaneous Heart Valve Interventions.
For us, saving lives is not just a slogan; it's what we do. From developing devices that keep a heart pumping to creating new technology that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we help ensure that patients not only wake up the next morning, but also regain their activity.
Be a part of a dynamic biostatistical group using the latest statistical and programming techniques to collaborate in industry-leading cardiovascular research. Use your skills to manage, analyze, and present clinical data from trials involving heart valve repair/replacement, peripheral vascular interventions, and critical care monitoring. Take this opportunity to be a part of an exciting company on the cutting edge of the fight against heart disease!
* Develop, test, validate, document, maintain and execute programs in SAS or Splus/R in the Clinical Affairs department.
* Prepare, document, and review data listings, summary tables, and graphs for inclusion in clinical reports or presentations.
* Collaborate with senior statisticians to prepare analysis datasets. Ensure analysis data and programming code meet regulatory and company standards and are consistently structured to permit efficient programming, reporting, and review.
* Work with company team members and respond to data requests.
* Perform quality assurance procedures on statistical data and programs.
* Minimum of three (3) years of solid full-time SAS programming experience, ideally with clinical data. Senior Statistical Programmers require a minimum of five (5) years full-time SAS experience in the clinical environment.
* BS or MS degree, in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science. A Master's degree in statistics is preferred.
* Knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems required.
* Good oral and written communication skills essential.
* In order to be considered for this position you must be authorized to work in the United States, sponsorship will not be provided for this opportunity.
* This is a full-time opportunity
How to Apply:
At Edwards Lifesciences, we want you to have as much information as possible before making an important career decision. To find out more about this role and the opportunity it offers, please visit our website:
To apply directly to this position, please click the link below or cut and paste it into your browser:
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the R-sig-jobs