[R-sig-hpc] R, Nomad, HTCondor, etc... and future

David Bellot d@v|d@be||ot @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 22 02:25:27 CEST 2020

Hi R HPC,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used Nomad from Hashicorp as a backend
engine to run R distributed code.
Moreover, if you use it with *future, *I'd love to hear about your
experience and if you published a package for it, I'd love to use it too.

If not, which other distribution engine do you use? (apart from those
supported in *batchtools*)?
HTCondor, DockerSwarm, BOINC, etc... ?

I didn't make a final decision yet on which engine to use, but it has to be
versatile enough (I know it's not a lof of information but think about
"corporate environment" with various needs. My R need is just one among
many other).

Thanks for your help.
David