[R-sig-hpc] Installing R-3.3 on a HPC cluster

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:58:06 CEST 2016

Ali, I don't know how CentOS 6 relates to RHEL 6, but I have installed R
3.3 from source (by hand) on RHEL 6.  It required installing a number of
packages by hand, including bzip2 (1.0.6), xz (5.2.1), pcre (8.36), curl
(7.43.0) and possibly other packages I have forgotten.  But not glibc.  My
sysadmins only install stuff from the official Red hat sources.  We have

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4)

Best,
Kasper