[R-sig-hpc] Installing R-3.3 on a HPC cluster

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Mon May 9 10:42:04 CEST 2016

Ali Siavosh-Haghighi <siavoa01 at nyumc.org> writes:

> I did install zlib as a module and bypassed that error but bzip2-devel-1.0.6
> asks for some new version of glibc that is a bit more fundamental. That glibc
> and that bzip2 It is default for CentOS 7. So I was thinking if there is a way
> to install bzip2-devel as module as well but could not find the
> source.

I guess there should be no problem in downloading the latest bzip2
source code, build it and install it and create a module file for it.
We recently had to do this for libcurl because the OS provided version
was too old (didn't support https).

If you google "bzip source" you will find that the source code can be
found here: http://www.bzip.org/

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,