[R-sig-hpc] gpus with foreach

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Apr 25 19:11:52 CEST 2016

On Mon, 2016-04-25 at 17:04 +0000, John Denton wrote:
> Does anybody know of a library that allows foreach to be called over
> GPUs, specifically? I'm interested in parallelizing a very large number
> of calls to system(), and am still debugging a cluster issue, so doMPI,
> etc are not working at the moment.

There's no reason you can't call system() from inside your foreach loop,
so you could, for example, use foreach with a socket cluster, or a redis
cluster, to send jobs to workers on different physical machines, and
call system() in the body of the foreach loop.

Or perhaps your questions isn't specific enough for me to understand
what you're trying to do?

Regards,

Brian

--