[R-sig-hpc] How to parallize my code?

Roger Bivand roger.bivand at nhh.no
Sun Feb 2 16:13:43 CET 2014

Ping Yang <pingyang at ...> writes:

> I am using the following script to extraction weather information for
> each point (from a rasterized shapefile for the COUS) which generate
> about 460,000 files:
>
> Originally I read the coordinates from a shapefile:

Please consider also using the R-sig-geo list, as this kind of topic has
been discussed there often. It has also been discussed on the gdal-devel
list with reference to GDAL tools. Most of these issues have been approached
in the raster package already using the cluster interface there.

> Looking forward to any suggestions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ping
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Please avoid posting HTML, it is not permitted for security reasons.

Roger