[R-sig-hpc] book on parallel programming

Norm Matloff matloff at cs.ucdavis.edu
Sun Feb 2 08:16:49 CET 2014

I'm about halfway finished writing a book titled, "Parallel Computation
for Data Science:  with Examples in R and Beyond," to be published later
this year by Chapman and Hall.

I'm making a rough draft of the first half of the book available on the Web:

http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/paralleldatasci.pdf

Your comments and suggestions are welcome, in fact very much hoped-for.
I took this approach when I wrote my R programming book, and found it
very helpful to me, and of much value to people who downloaded it.
Hopefully the same will be true here.

Norm Matloff