[R-sig-hpc] Fwd: cannot install ncdf4_1.6.1 in R-3.0.0 on Cray XE6 HERMIT (R-sig-hpc Digest, Vol 56, Issue 4)

Pragnesh Patel pragnesh777 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 21:23:12 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pragnesh Patel <pragnesh777 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 09:25:13 -0400
Subject: Re: [R-sig-hpc] cannot install ncdf4_1.6.1 in R-3.0.0 on Cray
XE6 HERMIT (R-sig-hpc Digest, Vol 56, Issue 4)
To: George Ostrouchov <ostrouchovg at ornl.gov>
Cc: Martin Ivanov <martin.ivanov at ifg.uni-tuebingen.de>, Drew Schmidt
<schmidt at math.utk.edu>

Hi Martin,

Please follow below steps for HDF5 installation.

make distclean

./configure --prefix=your home directory \
--with-zlib=/usr \
--with-szlib=$SZIP_DIR \
--enable-fortran \
--enable-cxx \
--enable-parallel \
--enable-shared

=======================
make all

   # after failing to run newly compiled H5make_libsettings
interactively with aprun. It works fine on backend.
   # retry by compiling for frontend and then restart make

   cd src
   gcc -o H5make_libsettings H5make_libsettings.c
   cd ..

 make all

    # after failing to run newly compiled H5detect interactively with
aprun. It works fine on backend.
    # retry by compiling for frontend and then restart make

   cd src
   gcc -o H5detect H5detect.c
   ./H5detect > H5Tinit.c
   cd ..