[R-sig-hpc] New R packages BatchJobs and BatchExperiments for computing on HPCs

Bernd Bischl bernd_bischl at gmx.net
Wed May 30 17:01:19 CEST 2012

On 30.05.2012 16:50, Simon Urbanek wrote:
 > Michael,
 >
 > would you like to give Rserve clusters a shot?
 > They offer state, pre-loading, parallelization and authentication
 > (in particular the new version including multi-user) with very efficient R
dispatch -
 > much better than any generic systems.
 > I was going to add something like a parallel/show class for them,
 > but what you describe goes even further ..

Hi Simon,

sure, if people find that useful.
It has been some time since I used Rserve last, and that was also only using one
Rserve server.
Is there any specific info we should familiarize ourselves with, when we want to
test that?
Simply assume that the cluster has multiple Rserve instances running and execute
the appropriate code on those by connecting to them?

Bernd