[R-sig-hpc] svm for Bioinformatics

Luis Cebamanos l.cebamanos at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 12:45:40 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I am studying the svm function (included in e1071 package) for
bioinformatics in order to improve its performance. From an R users
survey, it was mention as one of the functions to improve the
performance in bioinformatics.
After profiling the application, we have not found difficulties running
large datasets and I was wandering if someone often uses svm and could
give us some information about its performance.

Best regards,
Luis

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.