[R-sig-hpc] [zeromq-dev] rzmq package

Michael Spiegel mspiegel at renci.org
Thu Sep 29 17:02:30 CEST 2011

On a related note, I've submitted a patch to the R-devel mailing list that should offer some performance improvements to the serialize/unserialize interface. It reorganizes the code so that vectors are serialized as bulk operations, instead of the current implementation that serializes one element of the vector at a time. I haven't gotten any feedback yet from the R-devel mailing list.

I'm using the serialize/unserialize strategy for an MPI interface. My next step is to try to implement compression into the serialization protocol.

--Michael