[R-sig-hpc] increasing max number of socket connections

Ei-ji Nakama nakama at ki.rim.or.jp
Tue Mar 30 07:31:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

The value of NCONNECTIONS in src/main/connections.c is the socket
maximum value.

----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----

#define NCONNECTIONS 128 /* snow needs one per slave node */

----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----

2010/3/29 Daniel Elliott <danelliottster at gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> We compile our own R binary from source.  Would the group be so kind
> as to give me an idea of how difficult it would be to increase the max
> number of socket connections R can make.  I was told this could be
> done by recompiling the source.  Also, if you all feel that this is
> not too painful, I would appreciate some guidance on where to start
> looking in the source.
>
> We are running R on 64-bit Fedora Linux.
>
> I need this so I can use SNOW to spawn a very large number of
> processes on our network.
>
> - dan

EI-JI Nakama  <nakama (a) ki.rim.or.jp>
"\u4e2d\u9593\u6804\u6cbb"  <nakama (a) ki.rim.or.jp>