[R-sig-hpc] care to send me some big working example R on multiprocessor systems

Melwin win at comets.de
Thu Mar 4 09:35:38 CET 2010

Hi Deb,
PPSO in parallel mode should also run on a single processor, although you
won't gain anything from that beyond just testing (in fact, I will be
slower due to the overhead involved, unless your objective function takes
long to evaluate without computational burden, e.g. due to extensive file
i/o).
Which Windows MPI-variant do you use (MPICHII or DeinoMPI)? I tested your
code snippet successfully on Windows 2000/DeinoMPI/R-2.10.0. In any case,
I recommend using optim_ppso_robust, which is more elaborated by now.
Please let me know if you experience further problems.

cheers,
Melwin