[R-sig-hpc] care to send me some big working example R on multiprocessor systems?

Melwin win at comets.de
Wed Mar 3 08:36:38 CET 2010

Hi Paul,
under http://www.rforge.net/ppso/ you'll find our PPSO package which is
intended for optimization of functions (search for minima) using Particle
Swarm Optimization or Dynamically Dimensioned Search.
Since it can be used in parallel mode using Rmpi (see optim_ppso_robust or
optim_pdds_robust), and because the example problems given there are
self-contained and can be inflated easily (simply increase number of
parameters in sample functions or tighten abortion criteria), these may be
of interest to you. If you need help, feel free to contact me.

regards,

Melwin