[R-sig-hpc] launch cluster interactively?

Huang-Wen Chen hwchen at cs.nyu.edu
Thu Sep 17 03:54:21 CEST 2009

I solved the same problem by modifying system-wide hostfile. Starting
the cluster by orterun is fine but not insides R/Rmpi/snow. This is
because local settings, such as ~/.openmpi or environment variables, are
ignored in Rmpi. Another way is to add host/hostfile into the 'info'
object (via mpi.info.add) while you start the cluster. The latter might
require openmpi 1.3 because it didn't work for me.