[R-sig-hpc] Easiest Road to Parallel R?

Thomas Hampton Thomas.H.Hampton at dartmouth.edu
Tue Jul 21 15:22:26 CEST 2009

Hi Brian,

As I understand it (I will check) MPI is the basis of everything they
do in this computer in
terms of parallel computing, so we know that it works.

The Rmpi library loads fine, though that took a bit of doing.

papply() creates an error-free status message when it runs a trivial
example, but it reports
that is is running in serial mode.

I can get on this machine easily and answer any specific questions you
can come up with
promptly.

Thanks very much for your assistance. I feel that the cavalry has
arrived.

Yours,