[R-sig-hpc] Easiest Road to Parallel R?

Thomas Hampton Thomas.H.Hampton at Dartmouth.edu
Tue Jul 21 14:33:26 CEST 2009

We have a substantial beowulf cluster and would like to
get parallel R going. Our systems administrators attempted
without success to get the R function papply to run
properly without success. I passed their comments/questions on to this
list in a previous message. The way I understand it, the various
pieces are
there and report no errors, but the final result is that no
parallelism is achieved.

Is there some more bullet-proof route to parallel R than mpich2, Rmpi
and papply?

We are on a beowulf cluster, red hat linux.

Best,

Tom