[R-sig-hpc] Rmpi in "Depends"

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:42:33 CEST 2009

Dear Brian,

Thanks. Yes, listing as "Suggests" is one approach (what I am doing
now, and what some of my other packages in CRAN that use Rmpi do), but
it seems somewhat like cheating (the fact is that the package does
depend on Rmpi) and not very elegant (I'd rather have the failure at
install time than at run time). So something like having the
dependency check without actually starting the LAM/MPI universe.

Best,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme