[R-sig-hpc] Rmpi in "Depends"

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:07:48 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I have one package where I listed Rmpi in the "Depends" line in the
DESCRIPTION file. But this leads to unwanted behavior: installing the
package will try to start the lam universe (I am using LAM/MPI here).
This will not work if done as root, and is annoying when done as a
regular user.

I just checked, and no package in CRAN is listed that has a reverse
Depends on Rmpi. I've googled around, but haven't been able to locate
anything, though I think I remember this issue has appeared in the
past in some list.

Any ideas of the best way to proceed?

Thanks,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme