[R-sig-hpc] How to install R on a linux cluster.

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:02:36 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Markus Schmidberger
<schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:
> The multicore package  was released in January 2009, we did the review in
> end of 2008 )-:

>  Up to 50 nodes snow and multicore have the identical performance. If you have
> problems which require a lot of memory and they can share the memory, than
> multicore has the better performance (snow than requires a lot of
> communication).

Only a small comment -- it would  be nice to have a multicore backend
(should be somewhat trivial) for SNOW....  (i.e. allowing the same
API, in the same way that you can use an NWS backend for SNOW  -- of
course, it would be nice to cleanup and modernize the SNOW api, as
well.

<ducking type=quickly, since I'm not going to do it right now/>

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!