[R-gui] gfilebrowse questions

Hana Sevcikova hana at cs.washington.edu
Wed Sep 9 02:54:19 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a few questions about gWidgets' gfilebrowse:

1. Pressing the Cancel button updates the text widget to the value NA.
What can I do to leave the text widget unchanged when using Cancel.

2. The size of the file browser switches between 2 sizes (I cannot
figure out the logic behind it - maybe after a value is changed, but not
always). Sometimes it appears very small. How can I avoid it?

3. This problem has something to do with Gtk or Mac: By pressing either
OK or Cancel, I get the following in the R console:

(R:1145): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to find default local directory monitor
type

(R:1145): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
2009-09-08 17:15:05.561 R[1145] tossing reply message sequence 116 on
thread 0x22a40d0

This code should help to reproduce it:

mw <- gwindow('Filebrowser test', height=20)
g <- ggroup(cont=mw)
gfilebrowse(type='selectdir', quote=FALSE, cont=g)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Hana