[R-gui] Workspace files

Virgil Stokes vs at it.uu.se
Tue Oct 20 10:03:31 CEST 2009

I am not sure that this posting is appropriate for this list. If not, I
would appreciate information on what R language group that it should be
posted to.

I received a workspace file (Benford.RData which is attached) that was
created within RGui (R 2.9.2). There are several functions defined in
this file; however, the creator of this workspace file has provided
information that the first line of the original R text file contains:

benford.probs <- logb(2:10, 10) - logb(1:9, 10)

My questions are:
1) How can I actually display (see) this line within RGui (or an
external editor)? (I might wish to edit it.)
2) What is the actual structure used for these workspace files (*.RData)?

--Thank you,
V. Stokes (a new comer to R)