[R-gui] Simple way to ask user for text string with R-commander plugin ?

Ulrike Grömping groemping at bht-berlin.de
Mon May 4 22:21:23 CEST 2009

Greg Snow schrieb:
> Can you show some minimal code showing what you have tried?
>
> One possibility is that you are not waiting for the pop-up box to close but returning the (empty) string value immediately, but there could be others.  Some code would help us to help you.

Greg,

thanks for the offer, I hope it holds up for my next more difficult
question :-)
With this one, I've now resorted to initializing the string to NULL, so
that I get a NULL returned if the user cancels. So this question can be
considered solved. (I just thought that I must have overlooked a
standard input box widget, it seems like such a frequently-needed thing.)

Now, I'm stuck with this next topic, and I'll send that one to the list
in a few minutes. I think that that one is more difficult, but hope that
this list's expertise may have the right pointer for me.

Regards, Ulrike